Since forensic investigation has become an inevitable part of a criminal investigation, memory dump searching has also become a part of investigation. Apart from helping in investigation, memory dump help to attain the reasons for the crash of the system, if any. Searching a memory dump is made easier with Image Extractor tool. Since time is less for an investigation, the Extractor tool will help to extract the contents present inside within seconds. Forensics MemDump Extractor is a standalone, portable tool; enabling user to work with it on any environment. Since it is portable, configuration and installation procedure time is saved and user can use it at any time.
The tool supports extracting all files apart from images, from the memory dump. The extraction can be of two levels; custom profile or the default set in the tool. The input to the tool can by any binary file such as, .dmp, .bin, .lime etc. and the output location for the extracted contents should be specified. In the case of custom profile, user will have to mention the start sign, end sign and the output format. Anyone can work with the tool; no much technical knowledge is required for its operation.
Outstanding Features Of Image Extractor
- Extracts files from memory dump within seconds
- Extracts any type of files such as jpg, png, pdf, exe etc. residing in memory.
- Standalone and portable application
- Supports custom profile apart from default option
- Extracts files from .dmp, .bin, .lime or any binary files formats
- Reveals the extraction results in count
- No much technical knowledge required for working
- Supported OS: Windowx XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
Latest version: 1.0
How It Works?
- Purchase the tool from the site to enhance the facility.
- Open the application, no installation procedure is meant.
- Add the file to be scanned through browsing.
- Choose the location for storing extracted contents.
- Select the “Profile”
5.1. For “Custom Profile”, user needs to add start and end signatures along with output format.
5.2. Choose the default profile available in the application, if required.
- Click on “Extract” button.
Leave a Reply